Affiliation Process for Registered Campus Organizations
The Cross-Cultural Center's affiliation process is for Registered Campus Organizations (RCOs) interested in getting more involved with us and whose mission aligns with our six values: Activism, Social Justice, Community, Education, Empowerment, and Diversity.
In order to affiliate with the Cross-Cultural Center, your RCO must follow these steps:
Re-register with the Office of Campus Organizations & Volunteer Programs and pay the registration fee. This is not automatic even if your organization was recognized as an RCO during the past academic year. For questions about the re-registration process, please contact the Office of Campus Organizations & Volunteer Programs at (949) 824-5181.
2. Learn about the Cross-Cultural Center's hxstory and values.
Review our center's rich hxstory to familiarize your organization with our mission and values here. Your student organization's values should align with our center.
3. Complete the online application to affiliate with the Cross-Cultural Center.
All Registered Campus Organizations (even those who were affiliated with our center last year) must apply as it is not automatic. A link to the online application can be found here. The deadline to apply is Friday of Week 2 at noon.
4. Review and understand the benefits of affiliating with us and your organization's responsibilities.
Review our center's affiliation requirements in its entirety. Share this information with your organization's leadership team and members so they can utilize our resources.
5. Attend quarterly affiliates meetings.
Your organization must attend quarterly affiliates meetings at the Cross-Cultural Center. These meetings are mandatory and are faciliated by professional and/or student staff. Each RCO must send at least one board member to these meetings. Meeting details will be communicated in The Affiliate Alert to all affiliates.
6. Attend and participate in quarterly programs.
Your organization must send representatives to our quarterly programs/events and signature programs (Community Roots Festival, Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium, and Deconstruction Zone). More information will be shared during the quarterly affiliates meetings and via The Affiliate Alert, a weekly e-newsletter for student leaders.
7. Engage in the community.
Your RCO's affiliation with the Cross-Cultural Center requires active engagement. We expect your organization's participation in our sponsored programs and events. The Cross-Cultural Center is only as great as you make it! The Affiliate Alert, a weekly e-newsletter for affiliates, is sent on Mondays to all student leaders.
8. Uphold the Cross-Cultural Center's policies regarding our room reservation process and facilities.
Your organization is asked to assist in upholding our polices to ensure that the facility continues to be our "home." Please make sure that our facilities are well-maintained and can be shared by all members of our community.
- Connect with other student leaders and provide input regarding our center's programs/events, opportunities, and resources via quarterly affiliates meetings.
- Receive priority when reserving our rooms and facilities each quarter at no cost for affiliates in good standing.
- Learn about weekly updates regarding our center's upcoming programs/events, funding opportunities, unique leadership opportunities, facility updates, room reservation process, and other resources via The Affiliate Alert.
- Secure additional funding for your RCO through participation in our mural contest during the Community Roots Festival and quarterly Affiliates Challenge.
- Be invited to special speaker events, VIP receptions, leadership programs, and trainings.
- Be advised on relevant topics such as event planning, budgeting, dialogue facilitation, and risk management by our professional staff.
- Gain access to our publicity tools including The Affiliate Alert and Cross-Cultural Center Weekly.
- Network with other student groups engaged in diversity and social justice education, activism, advocacy, and community engagement.
- Receive discounted rate of $30 for one academic year with access to A/V equipment in the Ring Room and Dr. Joseph L. White Room.
- Obtain information about relevant leadership and internship opportunities and upcoming on-campus events.
- Must uphold the Cross-Cultural Center's values: ASCEED (Activism, Social Justice, Community, Education, Empowerment, Diversity).
- Promote and regularly attend Cross-Cultural Center sponsored events during the academic year.
- Attend quarterly affiliates meetings.
- Communicate your RCO's events to email@example.com. Your RCO's events will be featured in The Affiliate Alert. The deadline for submission is Wednesday at noon each week.
- Meet with the professional and student staff for guidance and support with program and event planning as needed.