Resources for Students
Marketing & Publicity
The Cross-Cultural Center disseminates the CCC Weekly during the academic year to communicate news, important updates, upcoming events, and special opportunities for affiliated and umbrella organizations and campus partners. If your organization would like us to promote an event or opportunity, please submit relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesdays at noon.
For additional resources, feel free to review the information provided by the Office of Campus Organizations & Volunteer Programs here.
Our professional staff can provide guidance and support to your organization's programming needs. If your organization is affiliated with the Cross-Cultural Center, please contact the Assistant Director to request a meeting at email@example.com.
Registered Campus Organizations (RCOs) affiliated with the Cross-Cultural Center receive priority when making room reservations. Campus departments and RCOs not affiliated with the Cross-Cultural Center can reserve our rooms based on availability at a later date each quarter. Any campus department or RCO (regardless of affiliation status) that makes a room reservation request within 3 business days of their event will incur a $25 fee. For more information about room reservations, please click here.
The Multicultural Programs Funding Committee (MPFC) allocates funding to eligible student organizations that seek to promote the Cross-Cultural Center’s values through programming. RCOs seeking to host programs and events that foster and promote diversity and social justice education are eligible to apply. Collaborative programming between campus organizations is highly encouraged. The commitee members include Cross-Cultural Center volunteers and representatives from our umbrella organizations. A staff advisor is also present at the funding meetings.
Step 1: Apply for funding.
- Apply for funding via the Student Programming Funding Request Application here. Log in using your UCInetID.
- Be sure to complete the form with as many details as possible. Have your program and budget information readily accessible.
- It must be submitted by 4 p.m. on the actual due dates. The deadlines for Spring 2017 are April 10, May 8, and May 22.
- The program/event must not have passed prior to the submission deadline or meeting date.
Other Important Information:
- Note that the maximum allocation amount to any program is $200.
- A representative from the organization will be contacted by a member of the Cross-Cultural Center after each deadline.
- Programs must demonstrate a multicultural component to be considered.
- Funding will NOT be granted for events that have occured prior to the organization's scheduled MPFC deadline except for the first meeting in fall quarter.
Step 2: Await status of your RCO's program proposal.
The MPFC Chair will contact you to follow-up about the status of your RCO's program proposal. Once the funding review is finished, you will be contacted within a week about the funding decision.
Decisions are based on the alignment of your proposal in the following areas:
- Cross-Cultural Center's mission and values
- Educational scope
- Community development
- Overall proposal and funding request
Along with sharing how your proposal covers the points above, be sure to include the following:
- How are you publicizing your event/program?
- What specifically are you requesting funding for from the MPFC?
Step 3: Access your funds.
After receiving notification of your funding allocation, you will be directed to ASUCI. From there, you will meet with an ASUCI staff member and have your money transferred to your club account.
Funding will be allocated prior to event. However, if funding needs to be done as a reimbursement, please remember to keep all receipts!
Step 4: Complete the program evaluation form.
Once your event or program has passed, you are required to complete a program evaluation form within two weeks. This form can be found here. Failing to finish the evaluation form may jeopardize your RCO's ability to secure future funding.